Benefits of FOP Membership – No One Does It Better.
As a member of the largest and oldest law enforcement labor organization, you should know your benefits. To assist you in knowing what they are, we have listed a few for your consideration:
- As a member of the Fraternal Order of Police, you are a member of the largest law enforcement labor organization in the world with over 324,000 members. The F.O.P. was started in 1915 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Your local lodge was started in 1938.
- You have three layers of assistance – Local, State and National. All three layers work to serve you and protect the interest of law enforcement officers. We also help law enforcement families in times of need.
- We work by a democratic process-doing what the membership directs us to do. All Executive Board Members are elected by the membership – Local, State and National.
- We are the eighth largest lodge in the country, with members from all the larger law enforcement agencies in Indianapolis, MarionCounty. We have over 2,200 active and retired members, with over 1,000 associate members.
- Your Local, State and National F.O.P. is the recognized voice for law enforcement agencies here in Indianapolis, Indiana and throughout our country.
- We work very hard on a variety of issues that directly affects our careers. One of the most important areas is contract negotiations. Your F.O.P. was the lead organization in getting the local collective bargaining ordinance passed. We are in the process of improving this tool to further help our members. Improving our economic standing and improving our terms and conditions of employment is a top priority.
- Our legal representation is one of the most experienced law enforcement specialty law firms in the country. With over 40 years of experience representing members in a variety of ways. Our attorneys have enormous experience in all areas: Police Action Shootings, Labor/Management Complaints, Board of Captains, Merit Boards, Criminal & Civil Court. Hundreds of our members have benefited from this service.
- Our organization has established committees to address a variety of concerns: Labor/Management, City-County Council/Political Action Committee, Public Relations to mention a few. A complete list is available at the F.O.P. All members are encouraged to join these committees to make your F.O.P. better.
- We also do a variety of things to help our community. Our Fundraising unit collects donations so that we can distribute them to several community projects that help citizens of MarionCounty. We do a Shop With A Cop yearly to help less fortunate children throughout MarionCounty.
- We have a dedicated staff of employees eager to assist our membership. Three Office Staff Personnel, one Maintenance Engineer, one Director of Marketing & Fundraising and support staff. We are centrally located in the City. Members just approved building a new building with over 11,000 square feet to better serve you. Owning this centrally located property works very well to represent our members.
- FOP Electronics Club
These are some of the services/benefits your Fraternal Order of Police provides to its members. We are constantly improving these benefits to help our members.
Working together we can ensure a brighter future for our members.